Monday, 18 August 2014

Week 3 Journal Topic Post


What did you learn about your attitudes to working in a team? Which Belbin roles did you identify with?
Through the study, I identified my self as the “Plant – Winning ideas”. I found out that I can provide a lot of value to the team but I was a bit self-oriented while working in a team. I can always identify the problem we are facing very quickly, but I been failing to communicate to other team members effectively and I tended to ignore their ideas that I think to be not very good. However, I can provide some good ideas to the team sometimes.



Were you surprised by either your Leadership or Team Score following the first quiz? Why/why not? You don't need to specify the scores that you received - rather was it higher/lower than you expected.

I was actually not surprised with the scored I got in the leadership and team score, because I always had a habit of self-examine, so I know my self pretty well. I think I’m valuable for a team but I need to pay more attention on what other team member are doing and thinking and communicate with them.



Did you identify with any of the causes of conflict? Is it something you have a tendency to do or something you have experienced from previous team projects? How will you manage this if it occurs in this team project?

One very likely cause of conflict is misunderstanding which caused by lacking of communication. This is something I really need to improve, when my team member do something I’m not very happy with, I tend to withhold my thoughts rather then communicating with them, this sometimes finally leads to conflict. Now I’m forcing my self to communicate with other team member when necessary. If this happens in between other team members during the project, I’ll try to find out what’s happening and help them solving their problem.


What is important to you when working in a team?

What very important to me in a team is the minimization of social loafing, because it distract people from the work and frustrating the member who are concentrating on the project, and finally end up in a very ineffective teamwork. Moreover, it is also important that all the team members are involved in the work and play their appropriate role, this will make sure everyone is concentrating and maximize the power of synergy.


No comments:

Post a Comment